Friday, April 23, 2021

The Pandemic, time to relax?

 According to an Education Week article, "Rising Numbers of Educators Say Pandemic is now blown out of proportion, Survey says." 

"... nearly 1 of every 3 educators surveyed last month expressed that view."

I have a tendency to hypervigilant. I blame my mother. She was a hypochondriac and would have likely walled herself into the house and requested me to deliver her groceries after, of course, sanitizing everything.

I am not that, but I do worry about students coming to school sick. It's the nature of the beast for some of them. School is important to them and they come sick or not. The other are students who can't seem to keep their masks on correctly, above the nose correctly. I haven't encountered one student who has been belligerent about pulling up their masks. Sometimes there is complaining, but they do it. And I usually either make a general comment about mask wearing or make eye contact and point to my mask and nose.

I appreciate that, they get it and reluctantly comply with the ask. Adults are, well, not so compliant. I went into Walmart the other day and saw family that ran the gamut from no mask to fully masked. It was entertaining and I really wanted to ask them for a picture, but I was afraid the guy would have a fit and I am not up for fits. I'll watch them on Facebook or TV, but not be a party to them in person.

Many educators and school staff are fully vaccinated. Some school staff have refused for whatever freedom of speech reason. I am fully vaccinated and I wear a mask. I am told you can still get the virus, just not as severe so I wear my mask. I have a hoard of masks. I went kind of crazy, after having difficulty getting cute ones early on in the Pandemic, I discovered a slew of cute ones and I have enough to wear one every day for at least a month.

I am more relaxed, just not totally just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment