Sunday, November 16, 2014

To devour

I was listening to Sunday Morning on CBS this morning and the interviewer said that Mark Ruffalo devoured his acting. That line really resonated with me. I have been in such state of flux lately that I have been unable to enjoy teaching, coming to work, creating curriculum over the past months. I have lost the ability to devour what I love the most, teaching.
Applying for a job that involves teaching adults, as opposed to teenagers, doesn't excite me all that much. I hope that I will at the very least get an interview, because when it comes down to it I'm still not sure I'm actually qualified for the position. For me, the real fear would be to accept this position and leave my students behind. Ok, one of the other fears is going to an interview with the mucky mucks.
I guess the question is, do I, if I am offered the position, accept it? Can I devour being a Testing Administrator like I once devoured teaching? Can I excise the toxicity in my professional life and begin to crave and devour my passion of history if I don't get offered the position or don't accept it? Another question is of course if I don't even get an interview what does that mean? My friends have said that it will mean they want me in my current position because I am doing such a fine job. Sigh, I don't know. Back tomorrow with an answer to some of my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment