Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Last day for Seniors and my last day part 1

 As my seniors walked into class today, I considered my last day of high school. I totally remember it because I had broken my flipper. What is a flipper you ask? Well it is molded thing with one front tooth attached to it. I lost one of my permanent front teeth going down a slide into a pool, going down the "wrong" way and smacking my mouth on the edge of the slide before slipping into the water. Blood everywhere, no I didn't pass out, but mouth swelled up and for some reason the family I was with put an ice pack on it and waited for my mom to pick me at the end of the day. Boy was my mom pissed. Anyway, that delay cost me the tooth, so for all of my middle school years and part of my high school years I had braces with a spacer to keep the space open until the braces came off. I didn't smile in pictures for any of those years. 

Finally my braces came off and I was fitted with a flipper that had a tooth on it. It was annoying and my last day of school I dropped my flipper in the sink and broke off the tooth. I was not going to my last day of school with a hole in my mouth so the orthodontist temporarily glued the flipper back together and I went to my last day of school. 


As I watch my seniors file in for this last day of school, they get to complete watching the movie Home, I think about what their next steps will be. I think about what my next step will be. Will I swallow my anxiety and take the offered Robo interview with an online school that if offering a yearly paycheck so low that I can't live on it. Nearly 50% lower than my current salary. It is with an online school and I am guessing they are thinking that those who apply have a full time teaching job and this one will be a side job. Not for me, not yet anyway. So do I swallow my anxiety and do the interview to the best of my ability? Or do I just ignore the offer of an initial interview? I just don't know at this point.

So this is my last day with students, my students. I fear that I will be stuck with covering for those teachers who are sick or doing whatever and need their classes covered. I hope not. I will begin taking down my posters and boxing the last of my stuff. Last day for me is the 16th. Bright spot is my granddaughters and a grand puppy will be visiting me that week. Then in about 4 or 5 weeks I will be bringing home a new puppy, Boudicca will join the demons and me. She is a silver lab. Yeah, I know, silver! Who knew? 

No comments:

Post a Comment